Restitution of conjugal rights
When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from
the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district
court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied with
the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground
why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights
India is a country formed by a number of religions, so there are different laws
of restitution for different religions in India such as:
- HINDUS Under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- MUSLIMS under General Law.
- CHRISTIANS Under Section 32 & 33 of the Indian Divorce Act, 1869.
- PARSIS Under Section 36 of the Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act, 1936.
- SPECIAL MARRIAGE Under Section 22 of the Special Marriage Act, 1954