We fight hard for false Section 498-A of IPC & Dowry Harassment, victims
in their challenging, horrible, traumatic situation by providing moral support,
guiding them and defending them legally to come out of the false 498-A case, with
best possible efforts and vast experience of defending false 498a cases
How do we help ?
- Guiding with Legal Advice
- Filing Anticipatory / Regular Bail
- Filing Petition for Quashing FIR
- Filing Petition for Quashing Charge Sheet
- Filing Petition for Quashing 498-A
- Representing & Defending 498-A Case
- Appeals – High Court & Supreme Court
- We will do everything we can to help you obtain the outcome that is in the best
interest of justice
What is 498a ?
498A. Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty.—Whoever,
being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman
to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three
years and shall also be liable to fine. Explanation.—For the purpose of this section,
- (a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to drive the woman
to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health (whether
mental or physical) of the woman;
- (b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her
or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable
security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet
A false accusation
is a claim or allegation of wrongdoing that is untrue
and/or otherwise unsupported by facts.False accusations
are also known as
or unfounded accusations
or false allegations
or false claims
. They can occur in any of the following contexts: How do
we help you in false 498a & dowry harassment case?
Types of false accusations
When there is insufficient supporting evidence to determine whether an accusation
is true or false, it is described as "unsubstantiated" or "unfounded". Accusations
that are determined to be false based on corroborating evidence can be divided into
- A completely false allegation, in that the alleged events did not occur.
- An allegation that describes events that did occur, but were perpetrated by an individual
who is not accused, and in which the accused person is innocent.
- An allegation that is false, in that it mixes descriptions of events that actually
happened with other events that did not occur.
A false allegation can occur as the result of intentional lying on the part of the
accuser or unintentionally, due to a confabulation, either arising spontaneously
due to mental illness or resulting from deliberate or accidental suggestive or or
Women can be charged under the following sections if they file false case:
- IPC Sec. 182. False information, with intent to cause public servant to use his
lawful power to the injury of another person.-- Whoever gives to any public servant
any information which he knows or believes to be false, intending thereby to cause,
or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby cause such public servant-
- (a) to do or omit anything which such public servant ought not to do or omit if
the true state of facts respecting which such information is given were known by
- (b) to use the lawful power of such public servant to the injury or annoyance of
any person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term
which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees,
or with both.
- IPC Sec. 191. For giving false evidence
- IPC Sec. 192. For fabricating false evidence
- IPC Sec. 193. Punishment for false evidence
- IPC Sec. 195. Giving or fabricating false evidence with intent to procure conviction
of offence punishable with imprisonment for life or imprisonment
- IPC Sec. 196. Using evidence known to be false
- IPC Sec. 197. False statement made in declaration which is by law considered as
- IPC Sec. 200. Using as true such declaration knowing to be false
- IPC Sec. 209. Dishonestly making false claim in Court
- IPC Sec. 211. False charge of offence made with intent to injure
Note: Acquittal in 498-A, is a concrete ground for Divorce.
Frequently Asked Question about Divorce
- Can my wife file false 498a?
- Answer. Yes! Wife can file false 498a with false
allegations, even when there is no such harassment or dowry demand. This is what
called as miss use of 498a and Legal Terrorism.
- What to do when police call me in 498a case ?
- Answer. It is recommended to co-operate with police
in their investigation with all the facts and proofs you have with you.
- Do I need to worry about false 498aa case filed by my wife?
- Answer. If you have not harassed not demanded for
dowry, you need not to worry at all. Take help of experienced lawyer to defend your
- How do I protest my old aged parents from false 498a?
- Answer. You can go for Quashing FIR / Charge Sheet
and get the false case quashed against your parents .
- How can I get out of false 498a ?
- Answer. 1. You need to have patience as the case
may go for more than 3 years. 2. Quashing 3. If your case is not quashed all you
need to do is to go through trial. Appoint experienced lawyer to defend your case.
Author:G.M.Rao Advocate, Date Published: 2019-11-13, Rating: 4.8-105 reviews